Needle valves, sometimes referred to as plunger valves, enable engineers to finely control and regulate water flows and pressure. This precision is achieved through the fine movement of the shaft, which enables the gearbox to move the piston tube in sliding motion towards opening or closing position, depending on the requirement from the control system.
AVK needle valves require very low operating torque, as the piston is always in hydraulic balance with equal force on both sides at all valve positions. This feature significantly reduces actuator and gearbox costs.
Other great features are:
- One-piece body construction
- Pressure balance in chamber inside for low operating torque
- Stainless steel internal parts and fasteners
- All ductile iron parts coated with min. 250 µm fusion bonded epoxy
- Shaft sealing with double O-rings
- Main seal in the no-flow zone at the valve outlet
- 4-6 guide rails ensure very low vibration
- Gaskets in technopolymer (TPU) for high resistance to abrasion
Our standard range is as follows
- Series 872/00-001 - PN10/16, with gearbox, DN80-1600
- Series 872/00-002 - PN25, with gearbox, DN80-600
- Series 872/00-003 - PN40, with gearbox, DN80-600
we can also offer needle valves up to DN2000 and in PN64 and PN100 on request. Our needle valves are therefore also recommended for regulation in large diameter pipelines and at high pressures. Additionally, we offer a selection of optional extras such as actuators and hydraulic pistons/brakes as well as accessories for cavitation prevention.
Each valve is fitted to the actual operating data and works without cavitation even at major pressure differences.